Kubernetes Fury Distribution (KFD) is a CNCF certified, production-grade, battle-tested Kubernetes distribution based purely on upstream Kubernetes. It is developed and maintained by SIGHUP, and it is fully open source.
🎯 What is the goal of KFD?
Turn any standard Kubernetes cluster into a fully-configured production-grade cluster.
🤌 Why use KFD?
🪖 Battle-tested simplicity
We like to use the term battle-tested simplicity, meaning that we will do all the heavy lifting to provide you with a simple workflow to make your cluster ready to be deployed in the wild. 🦁
🌎 Deploy anywhere
KFD can be deployed on top of any standard Kubernetes cluster and of all the major managed solutions such as GKE, EKS, and AKS. Additionally, we support vSphere for private cloud installations.
If you are running infrastructure on another provider, chances are we also support it. Don't hesitate to get in touch with us.
KFD is configured out of the box to run production-grade workloads. By using KFD, you will get a Kubernetes cluster with sane defaults and all the necessary additional tools to keep your applications under control. You get out-of-the-box using our modules' features like:
- Centralized and searchable logs for the cluster components and your applications.
- Dashboards to see in a glance the status and performance for your cluster and your applications.
- Pre-configured alerts that will notify you, and our support team, in case things go wrong.
- Solid networking components with firewalling capabilities to segregate your applications.
- Automated backups for Disaster Recovery.
- Policy enforcement guarantee that your workloads follow security best practices and are compliant with your organization's requirements.
🎓 CNCF Certified
Find out more here.
⚡️ How do I get started?
We are excited to have you on board! To get started, please pick one of the Quick Starting Guides, fasten your seatbelt, and enjoy the ride:
⛑ Where can I get help?
If you are feeling stuck or you are having problems getting started with KFD, don't hesitate to get in touch with us. We will be happy to help.